- Did you know the average American spends 7.6 hours sedentary each day while at work? The last place this should be true is the recreation profession!
- Taking a “Movement Microbreak in which you move around for a few minutes every hour or so has been shown to reduce physical discomfort. “Movement Microbreaks” appear to increase work productivity by about 15%.
- Let’s break the sedentary pattern in our department, check out “Deskercise” and see how many moves and see how many repetitions you could do with a five minute break! See the “Deskercise” link on the sidebar.
The Produce Box is the farmer’s market delivered to you for as little as $17 a week! Your membership will help support 70 local farmers and take part in improving your communities and local food system! They offer 5-8 different varieties (depending on season) of North Carolina farmer-grown fresh fruit and vegetable Produce Boxes. You can order as often as every week or skip a week whenever you would like — it’s completely up to you!
- NCSU’s goal is to ‘Build a Thriving Pack’ by assisting NC State faculty and staff in achieving healthy lifestyle goals by providing programs and services that address the six elements of Wellness: career, social, financial, physical, emotional and community.
- Staying active is an essential part of healthy living and in today’s society wearable technology can be a constant reminder to “get our steps in”. Working on campus, can feel like a distraction from activity, however our campus encourages healthy movement. Enjoy a walking break on one of these several convenient routes!
• Learn about all of the features our wonderful Recreation Center has to offer. A convenient location to stay accountable to your activity routine!